Andy only feels alive when he’s playing “Legendale” online. When tournament fortunes turn suddenly sour, a milkmaid offers an unlikely road to rediscovering his inner warrior. LEGENDALE is a contemporary musical comedy that explores the power of fantasy, and reminds us how to feel alive.
Music by Andrea Daly
Words by Jeff Bienstock
Story by Bienstock & Daly
LEGENDALE blends adventure, romance, and virtual reality over a pop-infused score. The show received its World Premiere in Denmark in March 2017 at the Fredericia Theater, and American premiere at The Human Race Theatre Company in September 2017, both directed by John Simpkins.
All production photos by Søren Malmose.
Fredericia Theater, March 2017
Songs orchestrated by Bruce Coughlin.
Demos produced by Andrea Daly and Fredericia Theatre.
To reach the writers, email [email protected], or contact Andrea through this website. For a complete list of demo credits, see Soundcloud. For a press packet or to inquire about the show, contact Jonathan Mills, Paradigm Talent Agency (212) 897-6400.
* January 2018: NEW orchestrated demos released
* October 2017: Featured in the 46th Minute concert for the 29th Annual NAMT Festival of New Musicals
* September 2017: American Premiere at The Human Race Theatre Company in Dayton, OH
* March 2017: World Premiere at Fredericia Theater in Fredericia, Denmark
* December 2016: Staged Reading at The Human Race Theatre Company in Dayton, OH
* September 2016: Featured in “Bound for Broadway” with Liz Callaway at Merkin Hall
* April 2016: The ASCAP Musical Theatre Workshop in New York, moderated by Stephen Schwartz , Dick Scanlan, and Karey Kirkpatrick
* February 2016: The ASCAP/Dreamworks Workshop at The Wallis in Los Angeles, moderated by Stephen Schwartz , Irene Mecchi, and Karey Kirkpatrick
* October 2015: The 27th Annual National Alliance for Musical Theatre Festival of New Musicals
First reading, Nov 2014 | Marlo Hunter, director
Incredible thanks to the performers on stage and everyone working behind the scenes to bring LEGENDALE to life again and again. Special thanks to the vocalists featured in the recordings on this page:
James Monroe Iglehart
Aaron J. Albano
Zachary Francis Stewart
Jason SweetTooth Williams
“First and foremost, ‘Legendale’ is a wild ride. And absolutely amazingly well made.”
“…a show without any comparison; pulls the audience into a fascinating and poignant universe and impresses all in the theater.”
“charmingly relatable and delightfully tuneful”
– Russel Florence, Jr., Dayton Most Metro
“Even though I am a stranger to the gaming world, ‘Legendale’ hits something in me. You do not have to be a gamer to understand Andy’s urge for adventure, or to envy his ability to actually find it.”